Engineering Manager – Engineering
at TVbeat – Location: Zagreb or London
TVBeat is changing the way TV broadcasters, operators and OTT players work in the TV ecosystem. Our deep data solutions solve key addressable and non-addressable TV requirements & challenges thorough holistic data measurement, forecasting, planning/booking and optimisation.
Working at TVBeat means being part of a fast-moving tech SaaS company, working with smart people that are passionate about their work and getting things done.
We are distributed across London, Zagreb, New York as well as remotely.
Reporting to the CTO, TVBeat is looking for an enthusiastic and self motivated Engineering Manager to lead our engineering teams. Your focus will be on helping engineers with their personal and professional development, listening and guiding them. You will also be helping teams in your area to become high-performing and delivering to the highest standards.
- You will have the ability, vision and autonomy to identify, audit, specify and implement improvements to the engineering process
- You enjoy educating and improving teams through the benefits of engineering concepts and principles
- Supporting, coaching and developing high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with others
- Partner with Product, Data Science, Integrations and Client Delivery teams to build and deliver on product roadmaps, incrementally with a high level of quality and detail
- Partnering with our Chief Architect and Lead engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices
Technologies we work with:
- Rust (our web services are written using Actix)
- A combination of specialized in-house data storage engines, Redis, and SQLite
- Data Science tooling (R/Python/SaS/Knime)
- *Nix for builds & deployments
- Angular and React for the front-end
Who you are:
- You are enjoy being an evangelist of cultural and operational change along with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have excellent facilitation skills, you can facilitate meetings and team discussions, involving the whole team in group based decision making.
- You empower teams to become self-organising.
- You are the first to notice issues and opportunities, and are able to exploit these to your team’s advantage.
- You foster a climate of transparency and openness
- Demonstrable ability in engineering
- Experience in running or leading a team of engineers
- Strong software engineering practices (e.g. coding, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Strong distributed systems best practices (e.g., monitoring / alerting, keeping data delivery within SLA’s and tracking delivery metrics).
- Understanding of core technical concepts related to data production and can apply them
- Previous experience building engineering teams from scratch is advantageous.
- Minimum BSc education in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
What’s in it for you?
TVBeat thrives on incredible flexibility and agility, and encourages our people to take full advantage of it. Our global teams provide a fantastic collaborative atmosphere, and we support each other with a great learning environment for personal development at every level.
Competitive salary and benefits.
To apply, send us an email at: email@example.com