Senior Backend Engineer – Forecasting & Planning
Location: Remote, Zagreb or London
TVBeat is changing the way TV broadcasters, operators and OTT players work in the TV ecosystem. Our SaaS applications are successfully live with leading Pay TV Operators, broadcasters and CTV players who leverage our holistic data measurement, forecasting, planning/booking and optimisation.
Working at TVBeat means being part of a fast-moving tech startup, working with smart people that are passionate about their work and getting things done. We are distributed across London, Zagreb, New York as well as remotely.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the Backend engineer is a critical part of our engineering team. We are looking for a Backend engineer who will be responsible for building out our forecasting and planning capabilities.
- Design, develop, document, and test internal and external APIs and services.
- Optimize and improve existing solutions.
- Clearly communicate and coordinate with other teams.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Understanding of API design on all levels and with good guiding principles
- A type-based approach to API design: striving to write code that can be checked for correctness and consistency by the compiler
- Focus on API ergonomics, usability, and performance
- Ability to give and accept feedback on proposed solutions and implementations
Technologies we work with
- A combination of specialized in-house data storage engines, Redis, and SQLite
- Nix for builds & deployments
Who are you
- You are a software engineer interested in writing performant, but correct software.
- You have an demonstrable interest or experience in STEM scenarios and applications
- You are able to propose changes in coding practices and processes to improve effectiveness of the team, and lower the risk associated with delivery of the software
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- A background in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) at BSc or more, but not essential.
- Good proficiency in at least one of the following programming language (Rust, C/C++, Java, Golang, Python)
- Experience with Linux/Unix systems and Bash scripting
- Experience building APIs
- You understand data sources, data organisation, cleansing and storage, in addition to conceptual, logical and physical data modelling.
- Experience of working within an iterative SDLC (spells of 2 weeks from design to deploy)
- [Please add/edit/replace anything you are looking for]
What’s in it for you?
TVBeat thrives on incredible flexibility and agility, and encourages our people to take full advantage of it. Our global teams provide a fantastic collaborative atmosphere, and we support each other with a great learning environment for personal development at every level.
Competitive salary and benefits.
To apply, send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org